Our tasting room is open for the season Thursday thru Monday from 11am – 5pm. We will be closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Tastings are by appointment only. Please call 250-496-5898 to book. Walk-ins will be permitted if space and time permit.
- There is a $10 tasting fee per person, payable at the time of booking. The fee will be refunded with the purchase of one or more bottles of wine per person. Please note, we have a 48 hour cancellation policy.
- Maximum 30 minutes tastings.
- Maximum group size of 4 people per Provincial Health regulations (children and non-tasters do count as part of the group if they are in the tasting room). We have a maximum tasting room occupancy of 8 customers at one time.
- Please do not visit if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days or if you have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
To view our Covid-19 Safety Plan visit here.
Harvest 2019 at Kettle Valley Winery
Harvest this year had a slow start. Our first pick of the season was Pinot Gris on September 12 from a vineyard down South in Cawston in the Similkameen Valley. Our first pick in Naramata was October 4 and then our next pick wouldn’t happen until mid-October. September was rather cool and wet this year, we needed some warm days and cool evenings to allow the grapes to dry out and ripen.
We were fortunate to not be affected by the early frosts on October 10 and 11 which hit most of the Okanagan and Similkameen Valleys and killed most of the leaves on the grape vines. We were able to gain additional hang time for the grapes on the vines and see continued development and ripening. The push was on to harvest most of our grapes by October month end. Our last pick was the morning of October 29 when we picked the Harvey Riesling.
As we finish off our 28th year, as the oldest single-owner winery on the Naramata Bench, we still remain dedicated to making and sharing great wines from BC grapes. Our family’s commitment is as strong as ever to farming full flavoured grapes and to winemaking that brings out the best of those flavours and subtleties.
Whether you’ve known us for all these years or are just coming on-board, thanks for your support and raise a glass to fine fruit, family and friends.
– Bob Ferguson, Co-Founder and Wine Maker
– Tim Watts, Co-Founder and Wine Maker
With abundant sunshine, cooling lake breezes, and an optimal temperature range, the Naramata Bench is one of the premier grape growing regions in Canada. The rolling hills and variable soils of the area create a range of microclimates and terroirs that an experienced grape grower can match to a wide variety of grape crops.
It was because of these many qualities that we decided the Naramata Bench was where we were going to plant our vines, locate our winery, and raise our families. We were one of the early adopters of the Naramata Bench and were issued the third winery license for the area back in 1992.
Working with the terroir of the area we have produced a wide range of Kettle Valley wines including red blends such as “Old Main Red,” and single varietals including Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Malbec. Whites have also done well in the Naramata terroir; our original Chardonnay has been joined by Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer, Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
In 2009 we expanded our vineyards with the purchase of a 14 acre vineyard property in the Similkameen Valley that was entering it’s second leaf. We replanted most of the vineyard which allowed us to plant Zinfandel in the rocky soils that comprise the growing medium for the vineyard.
Visit our home based tasting room on your wine tour of the Naramata Bench. We look forward to seeing you.
Our Name and Our Wine
The inspiration for our name is the famed Kettle Valley Railway which ran through Naramata between 1915 and 1961 connecting the Southern Interior of British Columbia to the markets of the Pacific Northwest.
Passion and a dedication to excellence were requirements for building the railway, and we at Kettle Valley feel that same passion and dedication for our Red Wines which are known for their dark, intense, and well structured natures; and our White Wines that are flavourful and aromatic with a rich mouth feel.