Our tasting room is open for the season from 11am to 5pm, Thursday thru Monday.
- Tastings are by appointment only. Please call 250-496-5898 to book. Walk-ins will be permitted if space and time permit.
- There is a $10 tasting appointment fee per person, payable at the time of booking. The fee will be refunded with the purchase of one or more bottles of wine per person. Please note, we have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Maximum 30 minute tastings.
- Maximum group size of 4 people (please note, children and non-tasters do count as part of the group if they are in the tasting room). We have a maximum tasting room occupancy of 8 customers at one time.
- Masks are required to enter as per provincial health orders.
- Please do not visit if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have travelled outside of Canada within the past 14 days or if you have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
To view our Covid-19 Safety Plan visit here.
Harvest 2020 at Kettle Valley Winery
This year brought our 29th harvest. Hard to believe that all those years have come and gone since we started our fist commercial harvest in 1992.
We saw very cool and wet weather in June, which helped delay any forest fires in our area, but made for a slow start to the grape growing season. We saw some good heat units in July and into August before the first fires near Penticton covered us in smoke and then the wildfires in Washington and Oregon blanketed us in smoke for just over a week in early September. Despite the smoke and fires we have not seen any smoke flavours in the grapes. As a pre-cautionary step we thinned heavily this year. Harvest treated us well, the grapes ripened up nicely and despite a few scary nights when the snow and -10c degree temperatures were forecast we escaped with the low temperatures only reaching -4c or-5c. The was certainly cold enough to knock the leaves off the grape plants but it was not cold enough to damage the grapes.
As we finish off our 29th year, as the oldest single-owner winery on the Naramata Bench, we still remain dedicated to making and sharing great wines from BC grapes. Our family’s commitment is as strong as ever to farming full flavoured grapes and to winemaking that brings out the best of those flavours and subtleties.
Whether you’ve known us for all these years or are just coming on-board, thanks for your support and raise a glass to fine fruit, family and friends.
– Bob Ferguson, Co-Founder and Wine Maker
– Tim Watts, Co-Founder and Wine Maker
With abundant sunshine, cooling lake breezes, and an optimal temperature range, the Naramata Bench is one of the premier grape growing regions in Canada. The rolling hills and variable soils of the area create a range of microclimates and terroirs that an experienced grape grower can match to a wide variety of grape crops.
It was because of these many qualities that we decided the Naramata Bench was where we were going to plant our vines, locate our winery, and raise our families. We were one of the early adopters of the Naramata Bench and were issued the third winery license for the area back in 1992.
Working with the terroir of the area we have produced a wide range of Kettle Valley wines including red blends such as “Old Main Red,” and single varietals including Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Malbec. Whites have also done well in the Naramata terroir; our original Chardonnay has been joined by Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer, Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
In 2009 we expanded our vineyards with the purchase of a 14 acre vineyard property in the Similkameen Valley that was entering it’s second leaf. We replanted most of the vineyard which allowed us to plant Zinfandel in the rocky soils that comprise the growing medium for the vineyard.
Visit our home based tasting room on your wine tour of the Naramata Bench. We look forward to seeing you.
Our Name and Our Wine
The inspiration for our name is the famed Kettle Valley Railway which ran through Naramata between 1915 and 1961 connecting the Southern Interior of British Columbia to the markets of the Pacific Northwest.
Passion and a dedication to excellence were requirements for building the railway, and we at Kettle Valley feel that same passion and dedication for our Red Wines which are known for their dark, intense, and well structured natures; and our White Wines that are flavourful and aromatic with a rich mouth feel.